If you’re looking for a summer treat then this berry fruit ripple with chocolate from nutritionist Jacqueline Birtwisle might just fit the bill. It’s light and delicious – and easy to make too!
Juice of one lime
75g fresh raspberries or strawberries
75g fresh blueberries
50g caster sugar
2 x 250g tubs of quark (soft cheese)
200g half fat creme fraiche
4 tsp grated dark chocolate
(optional for decoration)
How to make it
- Place the lime juice, berries and caster sugar in a pan. Heat gently, stirring occasionally until the blueberries pop and release their juices. Leave to cool.
- Reserve a couple of spoonfuls to decorate, and sieve the remaining fruit mix or blend to a puree.
- Mix together the quark and the berry puree in a bowl. Tip the creme fraiche on top and stir only once or twice to create a ripple through the berry mixture.
- Put into individual bowls and chill until ready to serve.
- Spoon the remaining berries over each bowl, just before serving, and decorate with a teaspoon of grated dark chocolate.